3 ladies, 1 goal... ...to look and be amazeballs in 2012.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

make that change

procrastination. its a funny thing. you can be ridiculously driven! passionate! creative! motivated! inspired! but yet, you lay on the couch, watching reruns of HIMYM with you laptop propped on your knees 'pinning' a life more glamourous than your sweatpants, glasses and extra 30 pounds that just won't leave your middle. but you are tired! you work so hard. you deserve that ice cream. ordering chinese on a friday night is better than binge drinking, right?

these are excuses.
these are pathetic ways to rationalize and comfort yourself. the fact of the matter is, sometimes you just need a serious kick in the ass or a very serious conversation with yourself. and the longer you lay there...the harder it is to move off that glorious couch.

it's approaching the end of february and i'm yet to make any sort of stride towards better myself in 2012. there's so much i want to do! i make lists. big plans! but that couch keeps winning.

today i sit on an airplane (well i did and it's taken me this long to type it out) coming back from an amazingly relaxing island vacation. i'm refreshed and energized. all i can think about is what NOW? and how can i crop my tummy out of most of those beach pics...

i'm time to have that conversation with myself. 2012 is going to be my year of honesty. it's easy to lie to yourself or make excuses. but no more.

my name is angie. i live in the fabulous and bustling metropolis of chicago. there's always something to do - a friend to drink with - or a new restaurant to try. it's fantastic, don't get me wrong - butttttt when you've always been 20-30 pounds overweight, it's hard to maintain that socialite lifestyle without increasing your jeans size. or in my case, legging size. currently, my jeans are in a pike of 'these-don't-button-over-my-gut' in the corner of my closet.

it's bad. i know this. i hate photos of myself that aren't carefully cropped. i'm uncomfortable in most clothes - and sadly, some situations. i'm not narcissistic enough to think others judge me this harshly, but with 30 quickly approaching (hellooooo march 23rd!), it's time to get a hold on things and drop these unwanted pounds that i know are holding me back in more ways than i even realize.

while we're being honest here, i need to tell you i'm scared. i'm scared that just like every other time - i'll do great for 4 or 5 months then summer set in and patios and days at the beach will undo all of my hard work. but i've had enough excuses and i need to just commit to myself and finally, MAKE THAT CHANGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment